Data INRAE is a data repository offering new services for the purpose of managing, sharing and searching for INRAE data.
- Data INRAE offers services to INRAE research teams and their partners to facilitate the management and release of scientific data (related or not to scientific publications), particularly in the context of European projects.
- Data INRAE meets French regulatory obligations in terms of open data access.
The data repository is used to:
- identify and describe data, deposit related files,
- establish access conditions to data (limited or open),
- search for data and download related files.
These services are also available via an API.
Data INRAE is also used to:
- explore tabular data and georeferenced data,
- generate data papers using a template.
These services are designed for scientific data contributed, at least in part, by someone affiliated with INRAE and intended for publication and citation. Access to this data can be open to all or limited.
Data INRAE services
Visitors can search, view and download data published by INRAE after reading the general terms and conditions.
For INRAE and INRAE-affiliated staff with an INRAE ldap account
- Search, view and download data published by INRAE;
- Create, manage and publish data on Data INRAE;
- Request the creation of a collection (dataverse) for a division or unit, or a research project. Users are responsible for the administration of the created dataverse and must adhere to the dataverse administrators’ charter. As a dataverse administrator, if necessary, you can authorise a colleague from outside INRAE the right to take part in the submission, management and publication of data for the purposes of a specific project involving that colleague.
Prior to depositing data in the Data INRAE repository
- Read the general terms and conditions;
- Consult the French government’s guide to French law governing open access and research data, and this decision tree, to ensure that the data in question can be published;
- Choose a licence.
- Currently, files uploaded to the portal must not exceed 2 Gb; several files can be uploaded at once (no set limit).
- Only publishable data can be uploaded to the repository.
- Currently, only spatial data can be consulted.